Thursday, May 24, 2012 2:28 PM
Brand new Lenovo running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. Runs Internet Explorer 8 no problem at all. Installed Internet Explorer 9 and it freezes as soon as you launch IE9. Either the b64 or 32 bit versions.
Have tried, uninstall reinstall, install from Download of app. Install from Windows Updates. Disabled all add ons. Ran as a different user. It simply comes up with the error (paraphrasing here) "IE9 has stopped responding do you want to contact MS and check for a fix online?".
It crashes with any website, anywhere. Have deleted all temp files. Have reset to defaults. Basically, have done every single stinkin' thing I have learned since IE first rolled out.
How is it possible for IE8 to run, and IE9 to crash? And by crash, i want you to know. When you launch IE9, 32 or 64, it opens, and then "freezes" when it tries to open ANY website (have reset default homepage as well) and pops up the error about it has stopped responding, do you want to try to find a fix online? And then it spins for a secoond, freezes again and asks same question. The program itself does not freeze to the point where it requires task manager to kill the program. If you say "do not look for a fix online", it will just sit there, and display a default blank page, that says it is unable to open the website.
So, this leads me to believe not an issue with the app so much as a problem with how it is accessing the network/Internet. I can kill IE9 by just clicking on file exit, or "x".
So, anything I can do non-destructive to rebuild the ip stacks on Windo0ws 7? Or any other bright ideas I can try?
Thursday, May 24, 2012 3:34 PM
It sounds like you may have already tried this,
- Marked As Answer by CambridgeTechPartnerEX Thursday, May 24, 2012 5:44 PM
Thursday, May 24, 2012 5:44 PM
Actually, I got the answer I wanted from the end user. Did not want IE9 anyway, causes issues with a specific website they need to access for their business.
Funny little thing also...
Had another user call me today, getting error from corporate website they were accessing "you do not have Adobe Reader installed". So I connected into the machine, the actual error was "You do not have adobe reader 6 installed, you have to have at least version 6 of adobe reader". Along with other errors "need at least Internet Explorer 5, Mozilla 1.5, etc..." User had Adobe 9 installed, which was apparently not backward compatible with 6. I reproduced error on my test machine. Close ticket.
Love those up to date corporate websites...
So, am marking dissed response as answer.
Friday, May 25, 2012 1:49 AM
That's just funny :)
Thanks for the update,