Sunday, June 17, 2012 7:21 PM
"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"
I have has this issue before with IE9 some months ago. It went away after a month or so, but is now back again.
When I click on an url or a saved favorite, a lot the times, IE9 cannot display the page, or sometimes when it is displayed, it is malformed. When I hit the refresh, then it would display properly. It is happening so often now and it is quite annoying. I use 4 different pc's and one at a completely different location and I have experienced this issue. Why can't IE9 display the page the first time when the URL is correct, or why does it sometimes display a malformed page?
I have the "delete browsing history set to on".
Tuesday, June 19, 2012 9:20 AMModerator
First, you should make sure you have a good internet connective. You can try some websites such like Google or Yahoo to try if the problem happen.
Secondly, you can try to clear cache and cookies.
Finally, Run Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) Mode and test the issue again.
If IE can work well without any issue. Then you can further proceed to find what is cause of IE problem.
- Open IE in No Add-ons Mode
- Tools -->> Internet Options-->> Programs -->>Manage add-ons .
- Select a Add-on and disable it.
- Restart IE-->> Open IE in normal mode.
- If the problem is solved after step 4, than uninstall that Add-on from Control Panel-->> Add/Remove Programs
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:04 AM
First off, I am an experienced user and software developer, meaning I am quite aware of the issues involved.
1. I have excellent internet connection, Fios 25mb/25 mb. No issues with connection with any web related applications.
2. I do clear the cache and cookies and browse history regularly.
3. I disabled all add-ons since day one.
When IE9 failed to display the page on the first try, I was not necessarily clicking on a site I have visited before. It could be a brand new site that happened to be on the page I was visiting. So the cache, cookies or browse history would not come into play. At times, when it is displayed, but the page is malformed, meaning it is displaying garbled text. Again, F5 once or twice would fix it.
I have also set IE9 to "Check for newer versions of the stored pages" "Every time I visit the webpage". Despite that, I am still getting the "cannot display the page" error from time to time.
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:41 AMModerator
I am sorry for replying late. Did this issues happened after you update from IE8 to IE9?
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 5:59 PM
No. I have been using IE 9 since it was available. Only about 6 or 8 months ago, this issue manifested for a while and then it was gone until recently. This issue seems to come and go. I am not surprised if this goes away again as I have not noticed it today.
To recap, these are my settings:
Delete browsing history on exit
check for newer versions of stored pages: Every time I visit the webpage
Days to keep pages in history: 0
1. Some pages failed to display the first time until a refresh. This includes pages I have never visited before.
2. Malformed pages showed up, such as garbled display. Again refreshing it once or twice would clear it up.
I noticed that there is a thread on this board reporting similar issue over a year ago. So I am not alone.
- Edited by Martin Ng Tuesday, June 26, 2012 6:00 PM
Wednesday, June 27, 2012 6:00 AMModerator
I am not sure if this issues caused by TCP/IP protocol, but you can try to repair your TCP/IP protocol to check if the problem be resolved.
Open CMD as administrator and type “netsh int ip reset c:resetlog.txt”, restart your computer.
Let me know if the problem be resolved.