Monday, January 07, 2013 3:57 PM
I am having an issue and need some assistance. We are running Windows 7 Pro and Office 2010 with SP1 installed. Other than that a very generic desktop. All users have a home, we also use roaming profiles, and full folder re-direction. All system are on a domain and the domain controller is 2008.
Stating Friday we have discovered that some users after they were migrated to a new home drive and profile server that all add-on are disabled and thy cannot be enabled because the enable button is grayed out. I know un-do the last change, did that with no change in either add-on status is still disabled or the enable button is still grayed out.
I spent the better part of Saturday and some of Sunday looking for an answer and I still cannot fine one, here are some links I tried
I have checked the icon and made sure that it points to the correct location as well and it does. I have also tried started it from c:\program files\internet explorer and I get eh same results.
Any ideas or help would be much appreciated.
Monday, January 07, 2013 6:28 PMAnswerer
all add-on are disabled and thy cannot be enabled because the enable button is grayed out.
Are they still there? Sounds like something might have been deleted or otherwise removed instead of uninstalled. Then the registry values would be set as if they were still installed and you would see symptoms like this. So the simplest thing to do is just redownload and reinstall. Alternatively, you could use ProcMon to try to figure out what is going on.
Tuesday, January 08, 2013 3:46 PM
We after much digging around I finally found a solutions. I used a app called Toolbat Cop located here. http://toolbarcop.en.softonic.com/. Evedently there wwer some corrupted add-ons and after deleting those I knew were not installed everything came back to normal.
Thanks for everyone's help and ideas,
- Marked As Answer by Jim Raykowski Tuesday, January 08, 2013 3:46 PM