Friday, February 01, 2013 5:50 AM
I am working on FIM 2010 and new to this technology. I have a below requirement.
We need to send an Email alerts to inform owner of the Distribution List (DL) every 3 months, to “approve” or “delete” DL;
If owner fails to choose, system to send email reminder every week, after 3 additional alerts
Email alerts to inform owner of DL expiration 1 week prior to deletion
It could be great help if anyone helps me on this. Awaiting for your quick response.
Friday, February 01, 2013 9:00 AM
What you are looking for is a temporal set and workflow triggered by it.
- create new attribute like "lastapprovaldate"
- set it upon creation to current date
- create set of DLs for which lastapprovaldate is later than 3 months ago
- create MPR which will react on transition into this set and which will call the workflow to send notification for group owner
- Repeat those steps to create another set and Mpr which will react a week before "expiration" date
- Create additional attribute like "approve" and expose it for owners through RCDC
- if Owner will edit this group and will "approve" it trigger MPR to run workflow which will update lastApprovalDate and will reset this "Approve" flag
- Create set of expired groups, MPR and workflow which will react on it. In a workflow you can delete this group.
Most of actions is just a configuration and you can achieve what needs to be added custom through FIM Powershell activity (http://fimpowershellwf.codeplex.com/ , Kudos goes to Craig) or C# activity (http://fimactivitylibrary.codeplex.com/, kudos goes to Soren).
Tomek Onyszko, memberOf Predica FIM Team (http://www.predica.pl), IdAM knowledge provider @ http://blog.predica.pl
- Marked As Answer by Markus VilcinskasMicrosoft Employee, Owner Sunday, March 17, 2013 7:06 PM
Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:59 PMI am trying to assign creation date to last approval date through action workflow(using function evaluator). But its not populating the field. I have given adminstator to read/write on lastapproval date. Could you please help on this.