Thursday, July 26, 2012 5:51 PM
Is there a document that covers at a high level what the FIM Installer is doing during installation?
I've searched but had no luck...
I was wondering if there was something official.
If not, here's my list and I'd appreciate feedback if I've missed anything:
- Creates FIMService and FIMSynchronizationService databases.
- Configures the FIM Portal SharePoint site (SharePoint - 80)
- If selected, configures the web sites for SSPR.
- Installs the FIM Synchronization Service Manager program
- Installs the FIMService and FIMSynchronizationService services
- Creates the "FIMSync" groups locally if not using domain groups. http://certsrv.ru/fim2010.en/html/118dc590-b293-4d59-b23c-9e9b62357c2c.htm
Thursday, July 26, 2012 11:57 PM
I like your thinking - this would be really handy. The only other main ones I can think of are:
- If selected, opens port 5725 in the Windows Firewall on the FIM Service servers
- If selected, configures the MPRS in the Portal to allow users access.
- with R2 it also creates IIS web sites for the Registration and Reset Portals (if you install them)
Friday, July 27, 2012 12:10 PMThank you--those are good additions.