Tuesday, December 06, 2011 1:41 AM
Greetings to all,
HelloSir/Madame can you please help me with my problem. I just upgraded my Neo notebook/Laptop from Windows Starter to Windows Ultimate, then when the process ends i just figured out that the WiFi acces to my Laptop is not working. Eventhough im near the router it doesn't works. How am i going to resolved this problem, now that i can't coonect to the web using my Netbook. I tried the said troubleshooting but it does'nt also help me with my problem.
Is there any or someone who is kind hearted enough to Help me. Pleaseee.. .and i'm looking forward to it.
pleaseeee..... .Thank you...;)
Wednesday, December 07, 2011 4:23 AMModerator
First, please check if the following link helps:
You may also try the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:
1. Update or reinstall the NIC driver and update the router’s firmware.
2. Bypass the router and connect to cable modem directly with wire for a test.
3. Temporarily turn off antivirus on the machine and router (If it has) and test the issue in Clean Boot.
4. Restart the computer to Safe Mode with Networking to check the result.
5. Configure the connection to obtain an IP address automatically
a. Click "Start", input "NCPA.CPL" (without quotation marks) to Start Search bar and press "Enter".
b. Right-click the network connection and click "Properties".
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
c. Click to highlight "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)" and click "Properties".
d. Check "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically".
e. Click "OK".
f. Click to highlight "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" and click "Properties".
g. Check "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically".
h. Click "OK".
i. Reboot the computer.
What's the result now?
TechNet Community Support
- Marked As Answer by Sabrina ShenModerator Monday, December 12, 2011 4:05 AM