Tuesday, April 17, 2012 7:14 PM
Going to try and put all the details in this message so that it will be easy to respond w/a solution
I want to add a 3<sup>rd</sup> monitor to my system setup using a StarTech USB DVI external dual video adapter. http://www.startech.com/AV/USB-Video-Adapters/USB-DVI-External-Multi-Monitor-Video-Adapter~USB2DVIE2
I was able to do so using a unit purchased from Office Depot but took it back because the settings continued to change.
I am running Vista business with the latest updates. I also updated my video driver (Intel 965 Express Chipset) in the process of adding some graphic’s software that requires OpenGl
Video Card Vendor: Intel
Renderer: Intel 965/963 Graphics Media Accelerator
OpenGL Version: 2.0.0 - Build 22.214.171.1244
GLU Version: 126.96.36.199 Microsoft Corporation
I have the correct cable for the hardware which is different from a VGA cable & my issue is not with the hardware but with the driver. When I attempt to install the driver I get an error message that says the process cannot be completed. In speaking with a tech agent for the company he concluded that there is some type of driver conflict but could not advise me on where to look for it or how to find it.
The software calls for me to reboot once the install is completed however the install hangs near the end of the process which is why the tech reps says there is something blocking it.
- There are no flags (yellow ! marks) under device manager until I attempt to install the driver for this gear.
- I have re-booted my system after installing the software provided with the equipment
- I also installed the latest version of their driver from their site and selected the correct version of the software
- I shut my virus program (AVG) down and attempted to install it but ran into the same issue.
- Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Saturday, April 21, 2012 4:39 AM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Applications)
Thursday, April 26, 2012 11:50 PM
the 965 is a couple of years old but it should be ok
try replacing AVG with the Microsoft Security Essentials, links on my it site
also backup your files, in case you need to install windows clean
Windows MVP 2011-12, XP, Vista, 7. Expanding into Windows Server 2008 R2, SQL Server, SharePoint, Cloud, Virtualization etc. etc.
Hardcore Games, Legendary is the only Way to Play