Sunday, May 18, 2008 5:06 AM
When downloading new software...receiving two separate messages!
1) File system error (-1073741701)
2) Consent UI administrative applications stopped working and was closed
Can this be fixed?
Monday, May 19, 2008 11:05 AM
First, please test this issue by using IE if you are using a 3rd browser.
Try to disable UAC to test this issue.
If you encounter problem when trying to disable UAC, let’s disable it in Registry.
1. Boot to Safe Mode. Start, Run "regedit"
2. Expand and Navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System"
3. Find the value "EnableLUA" (Dword)
4. Set value to "0"
5. Restart windows.
If the issue persists, please let me know the answer for the following question.
Whether the issue occurred when downloading every software or only certain software?
Monday, November 08, 2010 4:20 AMthanks for your help u save my life :D