Tuesday, December 18, 2007 6:06 PM
Tuesday, December 18, 2007 6:38 PM
8007000D points to file corruption, but I want to make sure. Could you take the SHA1 hash of the standalone exe you downloaded?
You can download FSum at http://www.download.com/Fsum/3000-2248_4-10521046.html?tag=lst-1, extract it, and run the command
fsum -sha1 <path to file you downloaded>
and paste the results here?
Tuesday, December 18, 2007 8:07 PMI have exactly the same problem when installing Vista SP1 to my Dell machine.
I got error code 0x8007000D and also the error window pointed me to "go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=101139" but it only opens the MS support site.
Now I took the SHA1 hash of the standalone ( 5 languages) exe and past the result below:
>> E:\>fsum -sha1 Windows6.0-KB936330-wave1-X86.exe
>> SlavaSoft Optimizing Checksum Utility - fsum 2.51
>> Implemented using SlavaSoft QuickHash Library <www.slavasoft.com>
>> Copyright (C) SlavaSoft Inc. 1999-2004. All rights reserved.
>> ; SlavaSoft Optimizing Checksum Utility - fsum 2.51 <www.slavasoft.com>
>> ; Generated on 12/18/07 at 11:53:24
>> 1580d62725194fd0f1e6493d1851bf0139c95fef ?SHA1*Windows6.0-KB936330-wave1-X86.exe
I don't know how to analyze the result, please help. Thank you very much!!
Tuesday, December 18, 2007 8:28 PM
The SHA1 hash for RC1 x86 Wave 1 is 004ab6fb92dd3f9658c96b33de4e8d4a4997ad34, so your download is likely corrupt in some manner. Can you redownload it and try again?
Wednesday, December 19, 2007 5:31 AMI will, thank you !!
I found a download of 'Windows6.0-KB936330-wave0-X86.exe" (446,772 byte) in MS site. What is the different bet wave0 and wave1?
Wednesday, December 19, 2007 5:45 AMWave 0 contains support only for english, spanish, japanese, german, and french. If you only have some of these languages installed on your machine (and no others), then you should use wave 0 because the download is smaller and the installation takes a little less time
Saturday, January 05, 2008 1:36 AM
I had all the same problems as noted above, after a week of trying I finally installed the first part of SP1 in "safe mode" and my computer rebooted into normal mode after the first step and finished all the other steps with no issues. Simple as that. Boing!!!!!!!!!!!
- Proposed As Answer by wullxz Wednesday, February 10, 2010 9:44 PM
Thursday, January 17, 2008 5:53 PM
You say you "installed the first part of SP1" (Did you mean SP3?).
a--If you got thru the SP3 install , then SAFEMODE is what saved you;
b--if you actually used SP1, then SP1 with SAFEMODE was the piece that saved you--
Which was it a) or b)?)
Saturday, January 19, 2008 10:41 AMI tried to run the installation in safe mode, but got the same error message, any idea?
Below is my result, what is your interpretation?
D:\Appz\Vista\Vista SP1 RC>fsum -sha1 Windows6.0-KB936330-wave0-X86.exe
SlavaSoft Optimizing Checksum Utility - fsum 2.52.00337
Implemented using SlavaSoft QuickHash Library <www.slavasoft.com>
Copyright (C) SlavaSoft Inc. 1999-2007. All rights reserved.
; SlavaSoft Optimizing Checksum Utility - fsum 2.52.00337 <www.slavasoft.com>
; Generated on 01/19/08 at 12:25:57
Monday, March 10, 2008 6:49 PM
i also have error with the code 0x8007000D ~_~
i had followed the link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=101139 and tried all the resolution already.
And my SP1 is not the RC version it's the final release, any luck to fix it?
my file name is "Windows6.0-KB936330-X86.exe" should i need to take the SHA1 hash also? U_U
Monday, March 31, 2008 7:33 PMHi guys!
I think i have the solution for you!
I met the same problem some days ago with my vista business x64, the sp1 installer stopped with the message "An internal error occured" and the code number 0x8007000d. I tried to reinstall a few times, it never worked, although it was a very new insallation of win vista, only the dell drivers (i have a dell d630 notebook) and some programs were on the disk.
Although i tricked this error with a vista reinsall, i think the problem was a dell driver, because when i reinsalled vista, i didnt insall any driver, just started the sp1 istallation, and it worked very well.
According to this, I suggest you to uninstall every single driver from your computer (reinstalling them is not a big deal), and then try to install SP1 again.
I think its worth for a try...
Please inform me if it really workes, let me be happy with you for the success!
Wednesday, February 10, 2010 9:43 PMsafe mode installation worked for me...
vista is now configuring the updates after the reboot :)
Wednesday, July 14, 2010 10:14 PM1) Click Start button.
2) Type: CMD.exe into the 'Search programs and files' field
3) Right-Click on CMD.exe and select 'Run as Administrator'
4) Type: net stop sppsvc (It may ask you if you are sure, select yes)
Note: the Software Protection servive may not be running, this is ok.
5) Type: cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform
6) Type: rename tokens.dat tokens.bar
7) Type: cd %windir%\system32
8) Type: net start sppsvc
9) Type: slui.exe
10) After a couple of seconds Windows Activation dialog will appear. You may be asked to re-activate and/or re-enter your product key or Activation may occur automatically.
- Proposed As Answer by Steven GJ Thursday, July 15, 2010 11:19 AM
Tuesday, March 15, 2011 3:15 PM
Just managed to get SP1 to install, after lots of attempts returning the 0x800700d error code.
Check your System Restore size. Had mine set to 1% and it didn't want to know. Increased it to 10% and it worked.
Also try using the full DVD ISO with SP1 for all versions of Windows 7 if that fails. I did both at the same time so cant say which one did the trick.