Use this forum for all issues related to Windows Vista SP1, Windows Vista SP2, and Windows Server 2008 SP2.
Announcing Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008Anthony_MannMicrosoft Contingent StaffWednesday, April 29, 2009 12:08 AMToday we are proud to announce the Release to Manufacturing of Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008. Service Pack 2 (SP2) represents the latest step in Microsoft’s commitment to continuous improvement. It includes all of the updates that have been delivered since SP1, as well as support for new types of hardware and emerging hardware standards. And since it comes with a single installer for both Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008, SP2 will be easy for IT Pros to manage, deploy, and support. For an overview of the changes introduced in SP2, check out the notable changes document.
Business customers with Windows Vista will find that the transition to Windows 7 will be significantly more straightforward due to the high degree of compatibility between Windows Vista and Windows 7. If your Windows Vista SP1 deployment is already underway we recommend you continue with SP1 as planned. Then you can deploy SP2 using your systems management infrastructure. If you are in the early stages of deployment or still planning Windows Vista deployment our best advice is that you plan on testing and deploying Windows Vista SP2.
More information can be found on the Windows Team Blog.
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 05481Robinson Zhang Friday, October 14, 2011 3:32 AM
- 5290426Anthony_MannMicrosoft Contingent StaffTuesday, December 02, 2008 11:58 PM
- 019719Anthony_MannMicrosoft Contingent StaffTuesday, December 18, 2007 12:40 AM
- 090BernOrp Monday, May 13, 2013 2:24 PM
- 2246162Betts83 Friday, October 21, 2011 8:45 AM
- 1229Nelsoncga Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:43 AM
- 1015196Micdoo Saturday, March 22, 2008 10:52 PM
- 081SphinxSway Tuesday, May 07, 2013 2:44 PM
- 0179ksattler Wednesday, May 01, 2013 4:52 PM
- 0208blondtonic Monday, April 29, 2013 3:05 PM
- 1211ScienceOfAdam Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:45 AM
- 0126Linny VG Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:26 AM
- 0125DSalimander Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:54 PM
- 0142MyCompIsBroken Tuesday, April 23, 2013 8:09 AM
- 1255azzlo Saturday, April 20, 2013 2:40 AM
- 1341Mike Sangriu Tuesday, April 09, 2013 10:35 PM
- 0615isabel mpg Tuesday, April 02, 2013 7:11 PM
Task Scheduler service has encountered RPC initialization error in "RpcServerUseProtseq:ncacn_ip_tcp". Additional Data: Error Vaadyextreme Monday, April 21, 2008 10:54 PM
- 1425drumar79 Sunday, March 31, 2013 12:23 PM
- 1386weatherplannerwpi Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:16 PM
- 1207Sherry Tritt H Monday, March 25, 2013 1:52 AM
- 1437vistoso Saturday, March 23, 2013 2:29 AM
- 018507tghard Sunday, March 24, 2013 10:59 PM