Use this forum for all issues related to Windows Vista SP1, Windows Vista SP2, and Windows Server 2008 SP2.
Announcing Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008Anthony_MannMicrosoft Contingent StaffWednesday, April 29, 2009 12:08 AMToday we are proud to announce the Release to Manufacturing of Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008. Service Pack 2 (SP2) represents the latest step in Microsoft’s commitment to continuous improvement. It includes all of the updates that have been delivered since SP1, as well as support for new types of hardware and emerging hardware standards. And since it comes with a single installer for both Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008, SP2 will be easy for IT Pros to manage, deploy, and support. For an overview of the changes introduced in SP2, check out the notable changes document.
Business customers with Windows Vista will find that the transition to Windows 7 will be significantly more straightforward due to the high degree of compatibility between Windows Vista and Windows 7. If your Windows Vista SP1 deployment is already underway we recommend you continue with SP1 as planned. Then you can deploy SP2 using your systems management infrastructure. If you are in the early stages of deployment or still planning Windows Vista deployment our best advice is that you plan on testing and deploying Windows Vista SP2.
More information can be found on the Windows Team Blog.
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 05487Robinson Zhang Friday, October 14, 2011 3:32 AM
- 5290446Anthony_MannMicrosoft Contingent StaffTuesday, December 02, 2008 11:58 PM
- 019725Anthony_MannMicrosoft Contingent StaffTuesday, December 18, 2007 12:40 AM
- 2346731Betts83 Friday, October 21, 2011 8:45 AM
- 0120BernOrp Monday, May 13, 2013 2:24 PM
- 1239Nelsoncga Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:43 AM
- 1015212Micdoo Saturday, March 22, 2008 10:52 PM
- 085SphinxSway Tuesday, May 07, 2013 2:44 PM
- 0191ksattler Wednesday, May 01, 2013 4:52 PM
- 0214blondtonic Monday, April 29, 2013 3:05 PM
- 1218ScienceOfAdam Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:45 AM
- 0134Linny VG Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:26 AM
- 0133DSalimander Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:54 PM
- 0149MyCompIsBroken Tuesday, April 23, 2013 8:09 AM
- 1267azzlo Saturday, April 20, 2013 2:40 AM
- 1344Mike Sangriu Tuesday, April 09, 2013 10:35 PM
- 0630isabel mpg Tuesday, April 02, 2013 7:11 PM
Task Scheduler service has encountered RPC initialization error in "RpcServerUseProtseq:ncacn_ip_tcp". Additional Data: Error Vaadyextreme Monday, April 21, 2008 10:54 PM
- 1430drumar79 Sunday, March 31, 2013 12:23 PM
- 1390weatherplannerwpi Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:16 PM
- 1211Sherry Tritt H Monday, March 25, 2013 1:52 AM
- 1446vistoso Saturday, March 23, 2013 2:29 AM
- 019007tghard Sunday, March 24, 2013 10:59 PM