Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:02 PM
I had issues with iPad/iPhone access from external and tried a lot. Now I found my solution I like to share.
I setup a IIS on Windows Server 2012 with ARR 2.5 and Android and Windows Phone could login but not iPad and iPhone.
The IIS Log on the reverse proxy showed:
2013-02-26 12:03:31 <IP> POST /webticket/webticketservice.svc X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-ID=1996c8d7-09d0-4310-8da4-a8dfb7940e28 443 - <ClientIP> Lync%202010/1.6+CFNetwork/609+Darwin/13.0.0 - 401 0 0 124
2013-02-26 12:03:31 <IP> POST /webticket/webticketservice.svc X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0 443 - <ClientIP> Lync%202010/1.6+CFNetwork/609+Darwin/13.0.0 - 502 3 12018 93
First Request gets a 401 while anonymous. Second try would be with authentication but it never reached the internal front end server.
After I installed a fix for ARR http://forums.iis.net/t/1195560.aspx/1?ARR+502+3+Bad+Gateway+0x80072ef2+2147954418+The+supplied+handle+is+the+wrong+type+for+the+requested+operation the Apple Devices could login.
Friday, April 12, 2013 2:57 PM
This resolved our problem too!! So happy after 2 weeks of messing around with just about every setting recommended from all types of forums and rebuilding our reverse proxy I was at a loose end.
Our environment is Lync 2013 Enterprise, Lync 2013 Edge, IIS as Reverse Proxy on Server 2012 using ARR 2.5
We had Android and Windows clients working but no iOS devices at all. In the iOS log we were seeing
<h1>Server Error</h1></div><div id="content"> <div class="content-container"><fieldset> <h2>502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.</h2> <h3>There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.</h3> </fieldset></div></div></body></html>
When the client was trying to retrieve from the webticketservice.svc
2013-04-11 17:19:44.659 Lync[4970:6c61000] INFO TRANSPORT TransportUtilityFunctions.cpp/907:<ReceivedResponse> POST https://lyncwebext.contoso.com/webticket/webticketservice.svc Request Id: 0x72cfc18 HttpHeader:Content-Length 1477 HttpHeader:Content-Type text/html HttpHeader:Date Thu, 11 Apr 2013 16:22:25 GMT HttpHeader:Server Microsoft-IIS/8.0 HttpHeader:StatusCode 502
Installed the HotFix from here:-
Rebooted the Reverse Proxy and iOS clients worked straight away for both Lync 2010 and Lync 2013 on both iPhone 5 and iPad both.
I hope this helps others as I was losing the plot :-)