Friday, October 19, 2012 4:35 AM
How to hide a specific TS in WinPE or TS is hidden if DeploymentType is NEWCOMPUTER?
Friday, October 19, 2012 7:39 AM
Have a look over here:
I think this should get you going, if you create multiple users who can initiate the deployment of MDT you can specify which user can see which TS.
Keep us posted, and if helpful please rate! Kind regards
Friday, October 19, 2012 2:09 PM
Thank you for responding to my post. I did review those before I posted but I'm not looking for User based control.
Basic reason I want to hide is I have a TS to run Backup but I don't want that to run when its run under NEW Computer.
Friday, October 19, 2012 2:52 PM
Create 2 Folders under Task Sequence.
- Test1 (Add all Task sequences here including Backup TS)
- Test2 (Add all Task sequences here excluding Bakckup TS)
Now Create 2 Selection Profiles.
- Sel1 (Which includes everything + task sequences [Test1 only]
- Sel2 (Which includes everything + task sequences [Test2 only]
Edit CustomSettings.ini like this. The below will gather the OSVersion first and then based on it will call the selection profile. As the selection profiles will display different TS, you would not see the backup TS in Windows PE.
Regards, Vik Singh "If this thread answered your question, please click on "Mark as Answer"
- Marked As Answer by Mr.Kris Saturday, October 20, 2012 1:27 PM
Saturday, October 20, 2012 1:27 PM
Good thinking Vik. Works like a charm.
Thank you so much.