Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:18 AM
We have a case where Windows 7 workstations are struggling to shutdown when lync is logged in i.e. its waiting on lync. It does not effect or xp workstations. Office is 2010. All possible updates are applied to workstation and software.
- Checked that there is only one instance of communicator.exe in task manager
- Office 2010 is up to date
- Tried disabling the Lync add-in in Outlook 2010
- Also tried below
- Click the Gear shaped icon on the main interface for the Lync 2010 client.
- On the General Tab, check the "Turn on Logging in Lync" checkbox.
- Restart Lync and Outlook and retest.
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 2:28 PM
I can only confirm that I have the same issue.
Lync 2010 4.0.7577.314 on Windows 7 Pro x86 SP1.
Friday, February 24, 2012 10:36 AMModerator
Please you log out lync client first then shutdown you windows 7, checking if the problem still occurs.
Your problem is very similar with this KB:
Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Friday, February 24, 2012 12:22 PM
Can you try following;
- Remove lync default picture or picture URL associated on client.
- Sign-off and sign-in on lync client.
- Test system shutdown delay and confirm
- Marked As Answer by Sean_XiaoMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Monday, March 05, 2012 9:37 AM