Wednesday, August 18, 2010 7:11 PM
I am having problems with my Mobile Office Communicator Clients and the Address Book Downloads. I am trying to do a search by either first name or last name with a Mobile Communicator Client and receive the "Search failed or was canceled. Please try again." When I search by First.Lastname@company.com it finds the user and shows presence information with no problems.
The following scenarios work with no issues:
1) Internal Client Address lookups via First or Last Name
2) External Computer accessing via Access edge Address Lookups via First or Last Name
I am not sure if this is not possible as the Mobile client does not download a copy of the Address Book...but instead uses the Address Book Web Query Service?
Our OCS Reverse Proxy is configured using a Microsoft Forefront UAG solution. It appears to work properly for an external computer using Office Communicator...just not for the Mobile Communicator client.
Any help or input would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Monday, August 23, 2010 2:07 AMModerator
Yes you are right, communicator mobile does not download an address book but use the Web Query service. It is published via the Reverse Proxy -- can you check if services like Group Expansion or Address book download are working for Office Communicator clients?
FYI, when you enter the full SIP address, there is no search taking place -- Como will just try to contact this particular user.
Please enable logging in Communicator, attempt a search, and put here errors on the logs. To do this:
1. Open Communicator Mobile and go to the Options page\General Tab
2. Enable Logging
3. Restart the device
4. Log in to Communicator Mobile and attempt a search that fails
5. Connect your device to your PC and the logs under the "Tracing" folder on the root of your device's file system [Device]:\Tracing
- Proposed As Answer by Tom LacianoMicrosoft Employee Thursday, January 27, 2011 8:42 PM