Tuesday, May 22, 2012 7:54 PM
Hi, I have Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 and today when I click on Excel or Word, I get the following message:
Microsoft Office Word has not been installed for the current user. Please run set up to install application.
Help I work in a school and we have one week left with a million things to get done before the end of the year!!!! I can't do anything!! Thanks, Robin
- Moved by David Wolters Wednesday, May 23, 2012 3:18 PM moving to a more appropriate forum (From:Office Web Apps Setup and Deployment)
Thursday, May 24, 2012 1:55 AM
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data
- Log on to the computer by using an Administrator user account.
- Start Microsoft Windows Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
- Click the View tab.
- Under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.
- Click to clear the Hide extensions for known file types check box, and then click OK.
- Open the following folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data\
- If you are running Office 2003, right-click Opa11.dat, and then click Properties. If you are running Office XP, right-click Data.dat, and then click Properties.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click Advanced.
- Click the Permissions tab.
- Click to select Everyone in the Permission entries list, and then click Edit.
- Click to select the Full Control check box.
- Click OK three times.
More information, please see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/898512
TechNet Community Support
- Marked As Answer by William Zhou CHN Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:06 AM