Saturday, January 05, 2013 5:01 PM
I have recently performed a clean Windows 8 build onto a laptop (previously installed with Windows 7 and office 2010)
I have the license for Office 2010, but when I went to the Microsoft backup site to download the software, there appeared a message that stated that Office 2010 was not compatible and refused me a download.
Could you advise
Monday, January 07, 2013 3:02 AMModerator
If you are downloading from the internet, you need to make sure you are not running the "Click2Run" version. You will need to use the MSI based installer.
Download and install the MSI file. Note: You will be able to download the full retail MSI file online ONLY if you purchased Office 2010 online and provided a Windows Live ID.
- Access your account by using your Windows Live ID credentials (http://buyoffice.microsoft.com/usa/ordersummary.aspx) .
- If you are already logged in, you will have to click My Account on the upper-right corner of the screen. If you were not logged in, enter your Windows Live ID credentials. Important You must enter the same Windows Live ID that you used when you purchased Office 2010 online.
- After you have logged in, find the Office 2010 edition you purchased, and then click Download.
Note This information will be located in the My Account section.
- In the next screen, click Advanced Options under the DOWNLOAD NOW button.
- Select 32 bit or 64 bit to download the appropriate MSI file. This size of the file should be about 600 MB.
- When the file has completed downloading, run it to install Office 2010.
TechNet Community Support
- Marked As Answer by Jaynet ZhangMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Friday, January 11, 2013 5:20 PM