Monday, February 04, 2013 11:26 AM
We have one client requirement for Monitoring Fenestrae Software using SCOM 2007 R2. So please someone guide me with the feasibility of Management Pack and supporting documents.
- Changed Type Graham DaviesMVP, Moderator Monday, February 04, 2013 11:46 AM
Monday, February 04, 2013 11:49 AMModerator
To do a professional management pack would require knowledge of SCOM authoring to create appropriate classes, discoveries and rules \ monitors. So to some extent it depends what your client exactly needs.
A simpler workaround can be done via creating groups and targetting classes like windows computer with the rule \ monitor disabled and then just override, enable for the group. This isn't best practice though.
Whichever route you choose, consider:
- what windows services are there to monitor? You can use the authoring console or rely on the authoring template
- what event Ids does it drop in the windows event logs? We can create rules for these.
- what performance counters does it expose?
- Are there log files that we can monitor?
- Marked As Answer by Alex ZhaozxMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:33 AM
Monday, February 04, 2013 4:07 PM
If you need to monitor the availability of the application, then you can perhaps create a distributed application by monitoring critical services, Databases, processes, ports, websites and so on.
However, if you need to monitor custom features, then you need to create a Management Pack as Graham Suggested.
Abdul Karim. (http://sites.google.com/site/scomblogs Twitter:@Abdul_SCOM)
Tuesday, February 05, 2013 5:33 AM
Thanks for your reply Graham & Abdul. I thought some dedicated MP's will be there for FCS monitoring. So let me check with client on there specific requirement and get back to you.
Tuesday, February 05, 2013 6:28 AMModerator