Thursday, May 17, 2012 4:56 PM
I've deployed SCOM 2012. I've added "SCOMadmins" group to "Operations Manager Administrators" Role. "scomadmin" user belong to this group. This group is administrator of the SCOM Server. I use a SQL remote server to Operational and DW Database.
1) I need to disable UAC, because only "builting\administrator" user can launch SCOM powershell without errors if I don't disable UAC
2) "dominio\scomadmin" user (without UAC) can open SCOM powershell, but when I launch "get-scomlicense", it appear an error
3) "builting\administrator" user can open SCOM powershell and I launch "get-scomlicense" without error
Sunday, May 20, 2012 4:58 PM
does user scomadmin has local admin, right on DB server?
I has no that kind of issue.
Monday, May 21, 2012 6:38 AMscomadmin has not local admin right on database? Why it would be necessary??
Monday, May 21, 2012 4:51 PM
it is relate the priv. of running powershell to connect remote SQL server
Monday, May 21, 2012 5:35 PMAs you can see on figure, scomadmin can connect to SCOM MS. The sql connection should be transparent for the user...
Tuesday, May 22, 2012 2:40 PM
From the error message , it states that it is the permission issue of SQL server access.
- Login DB server, create a login with name domain\SCOMadmins
- Create a users with login name which you define in step 1
- grant user has db_owner DB role
- Marked As Answer by Yog LiMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Tuesday, June 05, 2012 9:06 AM