Operations Manager 2007 SP1, 2007 R2, 2012 Beta: General discussion forum
Operator Basics SuperFlow available
The Operator Basics SuperFlow for Operations Manager 2007 helps front-line operators who are new to Operations Manager get started using the product.
Troubleshooting Blank Reports in System Center Operations Manager
Looking to Create Performance Alerting?
How to create a Basic Performance Monitor to look at a Static Threshold - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb309655.aspx
Detailed information on Performance Monitors can be found at - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff629408.aspx
Cumulative Update 6 for System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 (KB2626076)Cumulative Update 6 for Operations Manager 2007 R2 includes all previous cumulative updates for Operations Manager 2007 R2 and includes all cross-platform updates.
To download Cumulative Update 6 for Operations Manager 2007 R2, go to the following Microsoft Download Center website:Download Cumulative Update 6 for System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=694147f8-9691-4833-97af-0de918c60141)
Cumulative Update 6 for Operations Manager 2007 R2 resolves the following issues:
- RMS promotion fails if NetworkName and PrincipalNames are not in sync for agents.
- UI is limited to only 100 MB for the Memory Usage field in the wizard.
- Additional OIDs in auth certificate are not processed correctly.
- AEM creates duplicate computer objects in OpsMgr based on Agents NetBIOS name.
- Cannot open reporting pane on OpsMgr 2007 R2 remote console.
- Cannot view schedule for scheduled report.
- ManagementServerConfigTool with the option "promoterms" fails because it stops polling the SDK Service.
- OpsMgr reports are failing on Windows 7 with the error: "Cannot initialize report."
- ACS events have "n/a" as their category in the ACS database.
- Watch agentless monitoring listener to detect failure to respond.
- SCOM SDK memory leak on cryptography keys and cryptography contexts.
- After you click Edit Schedule, a message box appears, and you cannot save the change value.
- Audit events can be lost when the AdtServer process crashes.
- The installation process for the IBM AIX 6.1 agent incorrectly checks for AIX 5.3 packages.
- After a system restart, the OpsMgr agent for Solaris may start to run before local file systems are mounted.
- On Red Hat Linux version 4 and SUSE Linux version 9, LVM disks are not discovered and cannot be monitored.
- The OpsMgr agent for AIX does not report the arguments for monitored processes.
- When Microsoft security update MS12-006 is installed on an OpsMgr management server, that management server can no longer communicate with the OpsMgr agent on any Linux or UNIX server.
- On HP-UX, OpsMgr cannot discover and monitor a logical volume that is composed of more than 127 physical volumes.
System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 Cross Platform Monitoring Management Packs (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b15fef5c-e331-4006-8913-be376bb0e0c1)
- Support for IBM AIX 7.1 (POWER).
- Support for Oracle Solaris 11 (x86 and SPARC).
Custom Report Documentation Available
This is available at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg508710.aspx and covers the following:
Custom Reporting Overview
Setting Up the Environment
Creating Custom Reports
Data Warehouse Schema
Inside a Generic Report
Custom Report Queries
Update Rollup 3 for System Center 2012 (KB2750631)
Update Rollup 3 for System Center Operations Manager 2012 (KB2750631)Issue 1
When you use the 32-bit version of Windows Internet Explorer to start a web console, the Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.Controls.SpeedometerGaugeUIController controller does not work correctly.
When you run a Windows PowerShell cmdlet, you receive the following error message:
Get-BPAModel is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet.
When you try to change a URL in the "web application availability monitoring" template instance, the change is not applied.
KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2756127/en-us
Looking to Create Event Monitors?
How to create a Simple Event Monitor - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb309597.aspx
How to create a Correlated Windows Event Unit Monitor - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb381298.aspx
Detailed information on Event Monitors can be found at - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff629447.aspx
Troubleshooting Gray Agent or Management Server states in System Center Operations Manager 2007 and System Center Essentialshttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/2288515 - please check this before posting on any grey Agent or MS issues.
Cumulative Update 7 for System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 (KB2783850)
Issues that are fixed in Cumulative Update 7Cumulative Update 7 for System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 fixes the following issues:
- Console performs poorly when User Roles are used to scope object access.
- Availability data is not shown for the current day when daily aggregation is used.
- Behavior is inconsistent between some views on web console and console.
- Log files do not roll over when the Unicode log file is monitored.
- Several security issues are fixed.
- Logical disk performance statistics are not collected for some volume types on Solaris computers.
- Some Network Adapters on HP-UX computers may not be discovered.
- Network adapter performance statistics are not collected for HP-UX network adapters.
- The Solaris 8 and 9 agent may not restart after an ungraceful shutdown.
Operations Manager 2007 R2 Sizing Helper available for downloadCheck out the Operations Manager 2007 R2 Sizing Helper.
The Operations Manager 2007 R2 Sizing Helper is an interactive Excel document designed to assist you with planning & sizing deployments of Operations Manager 2007 R2. It helps you plan the correct amount of infrastructure needed for a new OpsMgr R2 deployment, removing the uncertainties in making IT hardware purchases and optimizes cost. A typical recommendation will include the recommended hardware specification for each server role, topology diagram and storage requirement. The Operations Manager Sizing Helper is most useful when used with the Operations Manager 2007 R2 Design Guide (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=184377).
The Sizing Helper was previously available through the System Center Operations Manager blog.
Exchange 2010 MP Guidance
Operations Manager 2007 Authoring Console prompts for Microsoft.SystemCenter.Library.mp version 6.1.7221.61 or later versions
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 15193ZibaK Wednesday, May 01, 2013 5:42 PM
- 14MIHIR P 17 minutes ago
- 5733Giorgi Matakheria Friday, September 14, 2012 6:03 AM
- 790larry.leblanc Friday, May 17, 2013 8:12 PM
- 1267MIHIR P Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:20 AM
- 118jnlt 6 hours 51 minutes ago
- 09Flo31 3 hours 12 minutes ago
- 010ZeeWDee 3 hours 26 minutes ago
How do I discover and monitor only SQL Server services without the rest of the monitors/rules in the SQL MP?PhilipD86 23 hours 13 minutes ago
- 012j-gray 3 hours 57 minutes ago
- 127REMY Arthur 8 hours 16 minutes ago
- 119prajul_nambiar 8 hours 28 minutes ago
- 141Guy Nijs Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:43 AM
- 440prajul_nambiar 10 hours 55 minutes ago
SCOM connector 2.0 with HP BSM OMi: Events picked up by a XML policy using source SCOMAlerts.xml do not enter event automation/processing in OMi EPI.jvstene 8 hours 13 minutes ago
- 646om zeyad Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:42 AM
- 345rrgogula Thursday, May 23, 2013 11:40 AM
- 1711279Sandy Wood Thursday, February 10, 2011 3:26 PM
- 761bradje Wednesday, May 22, 2013 8:43 PM
- 71356Jackson-G Wednesday, May 30, 2012 10:38 PM