Wednesday, May 02, 2012 2:18 PM
I have a user that is getting no results back when he searches his calendar with Instant Search. Instant search seems to work fine in his email and contacts. I have tried the following (not necessarily in this order as I have done something things multiple times):
1. Deleted his OST file so new one would be created (user is in cached exchange mode).
2. Ran SCANPST on OST file repeatedly until it said their was nothing to repair.
3. Reinstalled Windows Search.
4. Stopped Windows Search service and renamed Search folder so indexing would start from scratch.
5. Rebuilt index.
6. Removed Outlook from indexing, rebuilt index and added Outlook back in.
If an Advanced Search is done, entries are found. User is on Windows 7.
Any other suggestions?
Thursday, May 03, 2012 6:02 AMModerator
It seems you have done what should be done.
But I would ask if this is a local calendar or share calendar? Does it occur on any other users?
Please switch it to Exchange Cache mode for tesing.
Launch Outlook in safe mode is alsp proposed.
Let me know the result. Thanks.
TechNet Community Support
Thursday, May 03, 2012 9:20 PM
This is a local calendar. Other users are not having an issue.
User is already in Exchange Cache Mode.
Tried safe mode and searching stops working altogether.
Any other ideas?