Thursday, April 14, 2011 1:35 PM
as many of us have problems with slow performance of the portal I'll start a thread where we can/should try to collect all settings that help to speed up the system. Most of us have the problem that the portal is slow during the first start - even if the settings below are configured.
What I tried to speed up the system - but currently no effect at our installation:
- Open IIS
- Select the Application Pools view
- Select the SM_AppPool application pool (unless your portal is using a different app pool for some reason)
- Click the Advanced Settings... link in the Actions pane on the right (or in the context menu)
- Scroll down to the bottom to the Recycling section
- Change the Regular Time Interval (minutes) option to 0 (never recycle)
resolved by changing the value of the parameter Idle-timeout (SM_AppPool --> Advanced Settings).
But still my portal is slow and when I check the forum many others have that problem...
So it would be great to have one place where everyone lists their settings to speed up the portal.
Peter Forster | MVP Virtual Machine | Austria | http://www.base-it.at - ERSTER MICROSOFT GOLD SYSTEM MANAGEMENT PARTNER IN ÖSTERREICH