Tuesday, April 19, 2011 10:22 PM
I recently worked an issue involving QuickBooks 2011 sequencing. There are 4 critical steps:
- Side-by-side assemblies must be installed. QuickBooks 2011 uses two separate version of the Visual C++ runtime. Ideally, these should be installed locally outside the Sequencer. I was able to get packages working with the SxS assemblies in the bubble, but the results were inconsistent.
- The application relies on having the QBCFMonitorService started before it launches. The easiest way to accomplish this is with a pre-launch dependency script.
- The inetclnt.dll file needs to be copied to your install folder
- The EntitlementDataStore.ecml licensing file may need to be deleted in your environment.
1. Start QuickBooks setup. This will verify the package and extract the contents to %appdata%.
2. Copy the extracted binaries from %appdata%\..\low\temp to a safe place (steps 5 & 7 below). There will be 3 directories – Premier, qbupdate, WPDNSE.
3. Download and install the RTM Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/confirmation.aspx?familyid=9B2DA534-3E03-4391-8A4D-074B9F2BC1BF&displaylang=en. Answer “Yes” when prompted with the “Did this package install correctly?” dialog. This is installed locally outside the sequencer.
4. Install the SP1 Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable from Premier\ThirdParty\CRT9\vc_red.msi. Setup will silently complete. This is installed locally outside the sequencer.
5. Start the Sequencer
6. Make a q:\qb2011.001 folder (or similar)
7. Copy Premier\inetclnt.dll (from step 2 above) to q:\qb2011.001
8. Start Quickbooks 2011 setup. Follow the wizard as appropriate.
9. Finish sequencing
10. Edit the OSD to add a script pre-launch dependency to start the QB service before launching the application:
<SCRIPT TIMING="PRE" EVENT="LAUNCH" PROTECT="TRUE" WAIT="TRUE">
<HREF>cmd /c start /wait cmd /c net start QBCFMonitorService</HREF>
11. Edit the SFT to remove the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file. A new file will be automatically generated when the user launches the program for the first time. (http://forums.quickbooksusers.com/showthread.php?t=21646). The default location in the OSD is under CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6.0\EntitlementDataStore.ecml. Verify with Inuit that this method falls within your licensing terms.
This document is provided “as-is”. Information and views expressed in this document, including URL and other Internet Web site references, may change without notice. You bear the risk of using it.
This document does not provide you with any legal rights to any intellectual property in any Microsoft product. You may copy and use this document for your internal, reference purposes. You may modify this document for your internal, reference purposes.
Thursday, June 23, 2011 3:43 PMMark - Can you provide specifics of sequencer version and OS used when you did this?
Tim Mangan MVP for App-V and Citrix CTP Author of AppV books: "The Client Book" and "OSD Reference Book" (http://www.tmurgent.com/Books )
Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:43 AM
Sorry Tim, looks like Mark has abandoned this one. I'm still looking for answers from my original post about this and we're still having QuickBooks registration issues.
Friday, August 19, 2011 9:20 PM
Any ideas on how to overcome this:
[Error 3371,StatusCode - 1118] QuickBooks could not load the license data.
It happens after we register as a user and try to run QB again.