Steps for Sequencing SQL2005 Client Tools, including SQL Server Business intelligence Development Studio.
Monday, September 20, 2010 11:35 AM
I have Sequenced SQL2005 Client Tools Successfully and here is the steps used.(I was getting this error, and this is my question in this blog http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/appvgeneralsequencing/thread/e97ed71a-7d68-4977-890e-5ce317553855. Thanks for the replies)
1. Install .NET 2.0 before sequencing SQL 2005 Client tools.
2. Create SQL2005 folder ON Q:
3. Create SQL folder in Q:\SQL2005
4. Start Sequencer> New Package ( used App-V 4.5 SP2 on Windows XP SP3) sequence to Q:\SQL2005
5. Give Name And Comments
6. Start monitoring
7. Run SQL Server 2005 setup
8. select Server components, tool, books online, and samples on setup screen
9. install pre requisites
10. IIS Feature Requirement will give a warning, click next to continue.
11. Check All Components(Workstation Components, Books Online and development tools etc)
12. Change installation path to Q:\SQL2005\SQL
13. Install SQL2005 SP2
14. Install Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1(VS80sp1-KB926601-X86-ENU)
15. Install hot fix 944478(VS80sp1-KB944478-X86-ENU)
16. Install the VKeyPackage.dll (hot fix package 945347). follow these steps:
a. Extract the pack © VKeyPackage.dll to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8
b. Run this at command prompt regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio8\VKeyPackage.dll"
17. Stop sequencing and Launch applications.
18. On deployment tab fill out required information needed and Uncheck "enforce security descriptors"
19. Save the Package.
20. Make sure that the Sequencer clients are having .NET 2.0 installed.
21. Copy the package to ‘content ‘folder and import it.