Friday, February 17, 2012 6:49 PM
I have a sharepoint 2007 SP2 setup on a windows server 2003 sp2 server. Within this 1 site collection there are many sites. I can access all the sites and subsites except for 1, that just stopped working today with the error message, "The webpage cannot be found". The strange thing is that I can access document libaries and lists from this subsite(from links on the top level site) but when I click the tab at this top level site I get the error message. How can I fix this?
Sunday, February 19, 2012 10:18 AM
Have you deployed any custom webparts or features on it? Can you access Site Settings /_layouts/settings.aspx ?
If you have custom webparts add this command ?contents=1 at the end of the URL and remove them. Check if the issue is still present.
Also you can check in the SharePoint logs for missing features when you reproduce the issue.
You can try to make a backup of the site collection and restore it in a test environment and check if you have the same issue.
MCITP|MCTS SharePoint| SharePoint Performance blog
Sunday, February 19, 2012 5:43 PM
This shows that your site is not yet deleted.
Is this a publishing site or team site? I would suggest you to create a page and add it to the correct place and try again.
I hope this will help you out.
Thanks, Rahul Rashu
Tuesday, February 21, 2012 2:55 PM
I have not deployed any custom webparts or features on it in a while. I can access the site settings by appending _layouts/settings.aspx.
I tried to append ?contents=1 but get the following error, "The requested page was not found or could not be loaded."
I created a new site in the same site collection and tried using Site Content and Structure to move all the items but get the following, "Move is not supported for List and Folders." I guess I have to create all the Lists first and then move the items?
Any other suggestions to try and fix this, thanks.
Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:19 PM
The site is a team site. I was also able to get some detail from the sharepoint logs when reproducing the issue.
w3wp.exe (0x1F64) 0x1878 Windows SharePoint Services General 72ks Medium
It looks like it can't find a feature, but I don't know what the feature is. I checked in site settings and deactivated 2 site features called Absence Type and Absences. The only 1 left is the Team Collaboration List feature, but I still can't get to the site.
Tuesday, February 21, 2012 9:41 PM
I needed to get the site working asap for our HR department, so I ended up creating a new team site using the same layout as the non-working site. I then moved all the items from the non-working to site to the new site, renamed the non-working site and renamed the new site the same name as before. After this I had to update the links at the root site. It is working now. Thanks for your suggestions.
- Marked As Answer by Carlos Adam Tuesday, February 21, 2012 9:42 PM