Thursday, June 14, 2012 6:40 PM
Attempting to upgrade Windows 2003 R2 server MOSS SP 2007 SP1 site to Service Pack 3.
I ran the WSS SP3 and got this error. I then detached and reattached the content database and tried again - got the same thing.
[SPWebTemplateSequence] [DEBUG] [6/14/2012 12:58:53 PM]: Template SPSSITES#0: Exception thrown while applying the global template to the web with URL "(unknown)" (Id: '73eeed68-4926-448a-bd3c-5d8d9ee85572') from site with URL "http://myqa" (Id: 'f14ac1be-f072-47b6-9250-931249c47efc'). Adding web to the exceptions list. Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.GetWebUrl(Guid gWebId, String bstrSiteUrl)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.GetWebUrl(Guid gWebId, String bstrSiteUrl)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite.OpenWeb(Guid gWebId, Int32 mondoHint)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite.OpenWeb(Guid gWebId)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPWebTemplateSequence.ApplyGlobalTemplateToWebs(List`1 lstwebinfoToUpgrade, List`1& lstwebinfoExceptions)
I have web searched for bits of this error message, but so far have not found anything that seemed relevant. I plan on continuing the search - because I need to fix this and move forward.
I appreciate any tips or pointers.
Thank you very much.
Friday, June 15, 2012 9:14 AM
This may be caused by bad configuration in the web site such as managed path. Please check this link for more information. The managed path may be set to "Wildcard inclusion" instead of "Explicit inclusion".
Hope that helps,
TechNet Community Support
Friday, June 15, 2012 12:23 PM
Are you saying that all paths listed should only be explicity inclusion paths?
Friday, June 15, 2012 12:33 PM
On the site, what my predecessor defined are 5 paths:
sites - wildcard inclusion
mysite - Explicit inclusion
personal - Wildcard inclusion
(root) - Explicit inclusion
ssp/admin Explicit inclusion
This is the way that a previous machine that was upgraded successfully is defined, other than the management paths might be in a different order.
I checked the link you specified. It talks about changing a managed path which used to be explicit back to that after upgrading from 2007 to 2010. This machine's managed paths match the other farms in-house and hasn't had any of its paths changed.
I don't understand the managed paths concept well enough to be able to tell whether all the farms are incorrect on one of these or not. However, we just upgraded a farm previously with this same managed path setup so something odd seems to be involved here.
Friday, June 15, 2012 2:40 PM
When I do more web searching I find this article http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointadmin/thread/7c9b1531-1b73-4552-b8fc-0936c00db30a .
It talks about looking in sql server to identify the site that is generating the error.
When I do this, the URL listed is /