Saturday, June 16, 2012 5:53 AM
Hi, I have recently completed the SBS Migration, all went well, until i went to test if the server worked with the old server disconnected
No E-Mail is getting through and i cant access the Console.
Console error is "The attempt to connect to httP:\\xxxx.xx.xx\Powershell using "Kerberos" authentication failed: Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message: The WinRM client received an HTTP server error status (500), but the remote service did not include any other information about the cause of the failure. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
Also cant load the Powershell modules
Exchange has been uninstalled off the old server.
It has not yet been demoted.
My thoughts are that the new server is still trying to authenticate with the old server
I manually forced the fixed DC and GC settings via powershell
If i turn the old server back on, it all starts working again.
I am now at the 21 day limit and the old server will start shutting down so need a fix for this asap
In the Services console on the new server, Transport, throttling, information store etc are hung in "starting" state
Any help greatly appreciated
Monday, June 18, 2012 8:28 AMModerator
Towards the error message you have received, you need to refer to the KB article below to fix the EMC and EMS issue:
Title: Error message when you try to start Exchange Management Shell (EMS) or Exchange Management Console (EMC): "The WinRM client... cannot determine the content type of the HTTP response from the destination computer"
I assume that the migration processing from SBS 2003 to SBS 2011 is smoothly according to the link below:
Title: Migrate to Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard from Windows Small Business Server 2003
Since you have uninstalled the old Exchange server 2003, you could remove the Exchange server 2003 in the ADSI Edit. There is a similar thread for your reference:
Title: Cannot find route to Mailbox Server - SBS2011
TechNet Community Support
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:38 AM
I got it sorted in the end.,
IPV6 had been disabled on the server, once that was re-enabled all started working as normal.
- Marked As Answer by STV4SYT Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:38 AM