Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:37 PM
Hello I have a SBS 2011 box. The past few weeks WSUS Synchronization has failed with the following;
An HTTP Error has occurred,
WebException: The operation has timed out
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncCompressionProxy.GetWebResponse(WebRequest webRequest)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object parameters)
at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSyncWebServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncProxy.GetRevisionIdList(Cookie cookie, ServerSyncFilter filter)
at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAgentCore.WebserviceGetRevisionIdList(ServerSyncFilter filter, Boolean isConfigData)
at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAgentCore.ExecuteSyncProtocol(Boolean allowRedirect)
The network topology has not changed, so I am at a loss why this is happening.
I reset the WSUS database and checked all permission on the repo and IIS.
Event log does not show enough information to be verbose.
WSUS service logs do not show anything that stand out...
Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:47 PM
Can you try switching to using a LAN server as an update source (even a fictitious one), then change it back again to using Microsoft as the update source, then try a sync?
JimEDIT Possibly also choose a fictitious proxy server, then revert back to no proxy server.
- Edited by Jim WillsherMicrosoft Community Contributor Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:47 PM
Friday, January 18, 2013 9:55 AM
I've tested a VM I have and that Syncs fine to MS update - no errors.
On the SBS box, I got not even run manual update, error Code 80072EE2
At a loss now.
Saturday, January 19, 2013 7:47 PM
I've managed to fix the issue, which after investigating logs was down to KB2720211
On Command Line (CMD) -> cd "%PROGRAMFILES%\Update Services\Tools"
1.- wsusutil configuressl your.full.fqdn.servername
2.- restart wsusservice
3.- restart bits
Bingo - sync starts working again.
- Marked As Answer by Cryptocrab Saturday, January 19, 2013 7:47 PM