Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:52 AM
EXECUTING stored procedures on Sybase through RPC from SQL Server -> Sybase: Not supported as per your shared link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/280102/en-us.
But here in below links says possible http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/sqldataaccess/thread/d185c3a9-581f-4a6c-8d49-5a759becc74e/
Also any supporting information says that MS supports Sybase 12.5 RPC call through MS SQL Server 2008 linked server. This could be a MS site URL, or a MS response to a ticket or email for this query, or any other MS material would be helpful to show to the customer as proof.
Friday, February 24, 2012 2:06 AMModerator
Hi GJ Srinivas,
What’s the version of SQL Server 2008 and Sybase provider?
Regarding to your description, the Linked Servers only use OLEDB Providers and Sybase has an OLEDB provider, but it has to be 64-bit if your SQL Server 2008 is 64-bit not for 32-bit Sybase provider.
But if you use 32-bit Sybase provider, you can use 32-bit SSIS (DTExec) on the 64-bit machine to import data into SQL Server. Please try 32-bit Import Export Wizard: 32-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\DTSWizard.exe
For more information, please refer to this article:
Meanwhile please visit the following links:
1. How to set up a linked server to a Sybase database server and troubleshoot problems that may occur: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/280102
2. How to create a linked server in SQL Server 2005 for Sybase ASE 12.5 database using DataDirect's ODBC Driver and OLEDB provider? http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dataaccesstechnologies/archive/2009/11/12/how-to-create-a-linked-server-in-sql-server-2005-for-sybase-ase-12-5-database-using-datadirect-s-odbc-driver-and-oledb-provider.aspx
3. Configuring a Microsoft SQL Server Linked Server with Sybase ASE
4. Linked Server to Sybase 11 problem
Regards, Amber zhang
- Proposed As Answer by Papy NormandModerator Friday, March 02, 2012 2:55 PM
Friday, March 02, 2012 2:55 PMModerator
Hi GJ Srinivas ,
No news since a week . Have you solved your problem ? If yes, could you provide your solution ? it would be useful for other people who could have the same problem.
Have a nice day
Mark Post as helpful if it provides any help.Otherwise,leave it as it is.