Any questions or discussions relating to the SQL Server Database Engine, performance, features, Full-text Search, linked servers, etc.
SQL Server 2008 SP1 released
Service Pack 1 for SQL Server 2008 is now available for customers. The Service pack is available via download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx and is primarily a roll-up of previous cumulative updates, quick fix engineering updates and minor fixes made in response to requests reported through the SQL Server community. While there are no new features in this service pack, customers running SQL Server 2008 should download and install SP1 to take advantage of the fixes which increase supportability and stability of SQL Server 2008.
Customers have no reason to wait to upgrade to SQL Server 2008 and many are already taking advantage of SQL Server 2008 as a smart IT investment. In fact, there have been over 3 million downloads of SQL Server 2008 since the RTM in August. With this Service pack, Microsoft is introducing 80% fewer changes to customer configurations compared to previous SQL Server Service Pack releases. This remarkable decrease is a testament to a revised product development process and updated servicing strategy that is focused on ease of deployment while keeping customer environments stable.
With this service pack, Microsoft has made investments to ease deployment and make management of service packs more efficient. Key improvements in SP1 include Slipstream, Service Pack Uninstall and Report Builder 2.0 click-once deployment.
· Slipstream allows administrators to install SQL Server 2008 and Service Pack 1 in a single instance. This decreases the total time for an installation, including a fewer number of reboots thereby increasing productivity and deployment availability.
· Service Pack Uninstall allows administrators to uninstall the service pack separately from the database release. This feature also improves DBA productivity, reduces the cost of deployment and improves overall supportability
· Report Builder 2.0 Click Once improves the existing SQL Server end-user report authoring application by easing deployment to business users
To download the SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1, please click here.
For more information on SQL Server 2008, please click here.
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 447Jackie Shen 12 hours 4 minutes ago
- 8129SPFriend Wednesday, May 22, 2013 3:24 AM
- 556Willgart1 13 hours 19 minutes ago
- 438SR_MCTS 11 hours 28 minutes ago
- 996SQL24 Friday, May 24, 2013 9:01 AMLast Reply Karthick P.K - karthick krishnamurthyMicrosoft Employee15 hours 1 minutes ago
- 287SLNSH Thursday, May 23, 2013 3:33 PMLast Reply Karthick P.K - karthick krishnamurthyMicrosoft Employee15 hours 6 minutes ago
- 271swt1974 Friday, May 24, 2013 5:15 PMLast Reply Karthick P.K - karthick krishnamurthyMicrosoft Employee15 hours 8 minutes ago
- 281dragonMoon Friday, May 24, 2013 6:52 PMLast Reply Karthick P.K - karthick krishnamurthyMicrosoft Employee15 hours 12 minutes ago
- 576anaylor01 Saturday, May 25, 2013 12:50 AM
- 392SPFriend Friday, May 24, 2013 2:22 AM
- 8100SPFriend Thursday, May 23, 2013 11:08 PM
- 51257nicofer Saturday, August 04, 2012 3:51 AM
- 369Ray1127 Friday, May 24, 2013 9:39 PM
- 372LearnerSql Friday, May 24, 2013 7:59 PM
- 32547xs2varun Tuesday, October 04, 2011 2:18 AM
- 8109jdyoumans Thursday, May 23, 2013 4:17 PM
- 376SLNSH Friday, May 24, 2013 1:31 PM
- 270BKR1 Friday, May 24, 2013 5:08 PM
- 251294AleshaDBA Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:41 AM
- 888pscorca Friday, May 24, 2013 10:14 AM