Wednesday, January 30, 2013 7:07 AM
Can anyone please let me know how to implement and deploy a JSON extension for SSRS 2005?
Monday, February 04, 2013 5:45 PMModerator
In Reporting Services, we can implement custom rendering extensions to generate reports in expected formats. After doing some research, I am afraid there is no example of JSON Rendering Extension for Reporting Services. Generally, it is difficult to write a custom rendering extension because it must typically support all possible combinations of report elements and requires that you implement hundreds of classes, interfaces, methods, and properties. Before you decide to create a custom rendering extension, you should evaluate simpler alternatives:
- Customize rendered output by specifying device information settings for existing extensions.
- Add custom formatting and presentation features by combining XSL Transformations (XSLT) with the output of the XML rendering format.
If you indeed to implement a custom rendering extension, please go through the following MSND document as well as an code example of Zip Rendering Extension:
- Implementing a Rendering Extension
- Zip Rendering Extension for SQL Server Reporting Services 2005/2008/2012
Hope this helps.
TechNet Community Support
- Marked As Answer by Charlie LiaoMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Monday, February 11, 2013 1:44 AM