attempting to communicate with a management group that does not exist on this server. & event Id 20000 on server & event ID 21012 on client
Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:34 PM
SCE 2007 6.0.1885.0, EBS. Clients XP, Win 7, W2k8.
If I add a pc or rename a pc it no longer adds to a SCE group stays in All Computers. I can push the install or install manually, reinstall and verify the mgt group name is correct. It shows under Agent Managed, NOT under pending or Network Devices.
The health service on BACKWALLQB.RANDACPAS.local is attempting to communicate with a management group that does not exist on this server. The management group Id the agent is requesting is c1e1a0a6-dd41-c434-79d8-b0c8fd1d22c1. Please verify that the management group specified on the agent and server is correct.
Event Id 21012 OpsMgr was unable to set up a communications channel to MGTSVR1.RANDACPAS.local and there are no failover hosts. Communication will resume when MGTSVR1.RANDACPAS.local is both available and allows communication from this computer.
event id 20000 A device which is not part of this management group has attempted to access this Health Service.
Requesting Device Name :
I've verified that the GUID (c1e1a0a6-dd41-c434-79d8-b0c8fd1d22c1) for the management group id is the same in the registry of the clients as it is on the mgt server registry and managerment group name MGTSVR1_MG also match.
I've also run setspn -L to verify that there are no duplicate or different listing for the ops health server. I've also run a SQL script that was in another answer on technet to see if there are duplicate guids, none were found. I've also tried deleting the contents of the Health Services Store. However when I did that and restarted the ops services all i got was errors and after 3 days no health check-ins. I restored the contents and everyone started talking/updating agian. Well those that were talking & updating anyways.
In Administration on SCE new or renamed pc's show Not monitored. Name, Domain, Version & action account show Unknown only FDQN is filled in.
ALL clients check-in to WSUS and report, download, and install updates fine. All clients are part of SCE Managed Computer group. gpresult on clients show that it applied settings.
I've googled the hell out of this for about a year and no answers on technet or other sites fixed it, obviously or I wouldn't be posting.
I think I have a sticky wicket somewhere in SCE.
Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:16 AMModerator
With my experience, this issue could be caused by the following two conditions:
1. If you have installed a previous version of SCE or SCOM in your domain, some old management group may still exist on the problematic computers.
If so, you need to clean out the old management group name from your agents. You can do that unattended with the momagent.msi file or you can run add/remove programs from the control panel on each agent and choose to modify settings.
2. Please check if the Windows Server/Client Operating System Management Pack has been uninstalled (or not installed) from the SCE server.
Windows Server Operating System Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
TechNet Community Support
Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:46 PM
1. Doesn't apply only had this sce group.
2. MG packs were there, I applied the new mp's anyway. No difference.
Unfortunately yesterday, I flushed the health state store after posting(backed it up first) and though the machines are reporting to wsus/sce the 3 EBS servers are not talking supposedly and EBS console says a problem on the servers prevents monitoring. And I'm out of license compliance. I put the old health store files back and it still says there's a problem.
Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:37 PM
I was running some sql query against sce db. 1 query was list group members.
select SourceMonitoringObjectDisplayName as 'Group Name',
TargetMonitoringObjectDisplayName as 'Group Members'
AND SourceMonitoringObjectDisplayName = 'All Clients'
ORDER BY TargetMonitoringObjectDisplayName
It returned all the clients that are displayed in SCE All Clients with exceptions, 1 pc listed had it's name changed 3 months ago but is still listed in sce All Clients group, new name is not listed. The list also contained a GUID as the pc name. I did queries trying to find that guid =name but can't resolve that name to any pcs.
I think i remember reading about a situation like this before on here and there was a query to run that would find and tell you how to remove a problem case like.
Tuesday, December 04, 2012 10:02 AMModerator
It seems like a similar issue as the following one:
Computers still show under Monitoring>>Windows Computers after being removed from SCE
Dave has resolve that issue and post the solutions. Please check if it helps.
TechNet Community Support
Tuesday, December 04, 2012 8:20 PM
I got it fixed after opening a ticket with MS and waiting for SBS support to call. I got the SQL script to run.
Even though it returned no computers the final sql query command
Did something magical and instantly SCE pc were in the right groups and everything started receiving new config files and works wonderfully.
- Marked As Answer by hutchnate Tuesday, December 04, 2012 8:21 PM