Wednesday, April 18, 2012 8:01 AM
I'm trying to monitor 111 Windows computers with System center essentials 2010, and everything works fine until I (In the computers 'category') try to view the detailed list of active alerts/ the window "Active alerts". Then it's just trying to load the alerts... forever. I can however view the "Computer update deployment status report", the "health explorer" etc. In this environment all clients ans servers have their firewalls disabled, so it isn't a firewall problem.
Server OS: On the monitoring server: W2k8R2 Std on other servers 2008r2 / 2003
Client OS: Mix of windows 7 Ent/pro, Win vista buisness and win xp pro. (I experience the same problem with all the operating systems)
I couldn't find any thread here on technet, or anywhere else on the internet where someone else has described a similar problem. I'd be thankful if someone could help.
Thursday, April 19, 2012 5:54 AMModerator
On the SCE server, please try the following:
1. Close SCE console and clear the console cache by running the following command:
"C:\Program Files\System Center Essentials\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.SCE.UI.Console.exe" /clearcache
2. Clear the HealthService queue:
1) Stop System Center Management service.
2) Go to C:\Program Files\System Center Essentials\, and rename the “Health Service State” folder.
3) Restart System Center Management service.
3. Restart the following services:
System Center Management service
System Center Management Configuration service
System Center Data Access service
If the issue persists, please check the Event Log on the server; if there are any related errors, please let us know the details.
Hope this helps.
TechNet Community Support
- Marked As Answer by Nicholas LiMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Friday, May 04, 2012 5:48 AM