Monday, January 23, 2012 9:25 PM
I have installed SCVMM 2008R2 SP1 from a downloaded ISO from our volume license account. The name of the iso is: SW_DVD5_SysCtr_VMMSvr_Mgmt_LicEnt_2008_R2w_SP1_64Bit_MultiLang_MLF_X17-35394.ISO
When I open the properties of the admin console it doesn't show SP1, only SCVMM 2008 R2
I tried to add a host several times to add my 3 node cluster to SCVMM. This is the way I did it:
- From the action pane I chose "Add host"
- Entered my domain admin credentials (checked "Host is in a trusted domain" and "Active Directory domain")
- Next page I searched for my cluster in AD and tried to add it. I receive the following error message: "clustername.domain.local is not listed in Active Directory Domain Services"
- When I check in ADUC, the cluster has registered fine in AD, therefore the error message is wrong.
Monday, January 23, 2012 9:43 PM
I just browsed through the binaries and found in a document the following:
" * HA VMs CANNOT SHARE A LUN – VMM 2008 allows placing only one HA VM
per LUN. This ensures that HA VMs can be moved between hosts without
affecting the availability of other HA VMs that use the same LUN."
Does that mean that SCVMM 2008 SP1 is not capable of working with CSV (Cluster Shared Volume"?
Or do I only have installed the old product (without SP1) because the wrong ISO was on the volume license webpage?
vmmservice.exe has the version 2.0.4521.0
Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:58 PMIt was a firewall rule which blocked the traffic. Thanks for reviewing my question...
- Marked As Answer by Mike Schumak Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:58 PM