Tuesday, January 29, 2013 9:23 AM
Ok i'm having the same problem as lots of other people.
I go to bbc.co.uk/iplayer, I click on something i want to watch I get there and the page appears but with no pre-video image or play button.
I have just down graded from windows 7 64bit to windows 7 32bit as I thought this may have been the problem, due to flash 64bit problems. So I have a fresh install of windows 7.
I have tried quite a few things, please see the list below:
1. Both firefox, chrome, ie 9 & ie 10. All with no flash or java installed, i know this is not right, but something interesting happened. The website did exactly the same thing as before, there was nothing telling me on the bbc website that flash was needed and go here to download it.
2. Installed different versions of flash and java, and in combinations of old & old, old & new, new & old, new & new.
3. I have tried older versions of browers, this made no difference.
4. My wifes computer does the same thing with firefox and chrome, but ie 9 does work correctly. we copied all settings from internet options, ie 9's settings from her's to mine. Still nothing.
5. I have tried clearing cashe, nothing changed.
6. I have removed flash and java. then just installed Google Chrome, as this has flash built in. I then tried bbc iplayer and still nothing. I then install java, again nothing.
7. There have been other website as well as bbc iplayer, that are not working.
8. I can view Live tv on the bbc website, but still can't watch anything else there. Also got shockwave running on ie10 but not on chrome.
These problems happen in all browsers on my computer and on all browsers except ie9 on my wifes computer.
Amd Athlon II x4 635 2.90Ghz
Running Windows 7 32bit
My Wifes System:
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual core 6000+
ATI Radeon 6450
Running Windows 7 64Bit
However our Sony Vaio plays all video types on all browers, running windows 7 32Bit.
Youtube runs fine on my computer. When I check flash version on adobe site the flash created box appears telling me my version. It seems odd that some types of flash run whilst others do not. When they're not working, there is no error message, just an empty box where the flash item should be.
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 7:07 AMModerator
According to this issue, I suggest to perform these tests to troubleshoot the issue:
1 Login with Clean Boot
2 Remove third party Codec, also perform a whole scan to check if any virus or spywares in your PC
3 Temporally turn off firewall
4 Update network driver to the latest version
Hope that helps.
TechNet Community Support
- Marked As Answer by Vincent Wang-MCSCMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Tuesday, February 05, 2013 7:52 AM