Friday, September 14, 2012 11:36 PM
I recently installed windows 7 (clean installation). After updating the windows with 'windows update', I installed dot net 4.
After the installation of dot net 4, I tried to update the windows via 'windows update' and windows update show me an error code 8024402F.
I searched about the error and I found this guide: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Windows-Update-error-80244016-8024402f-or-c80003fa
and it didn't help me. The weird is, when I uninstalled the dot net 4 from the control panel, the error disappear.
Someone have any suggest to solve the problem? Because I need to use dot net 4 with applications.
Saturday, September 15, 2012 10:08 AM
After lot of searching, I found a solution to this error. To fix this error, do the following steps:
1. Click Start -> Run -> ncpa.cpl
2. Right click on "local Area Connection" and choose properties.
3. Click "INTERNET PROTOCOL VERSION 4 (TCP/IPv4)" and click properties.
4. In the DNS servers, add the following servers:
and press 'ok' in the all windows.
5. Enter to Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet Options->Security tab->Trusted Sites -> Click "SITES"
and enter the following sites:
Now go to windows update and check for updates.
6. If the problem still happened, restart the computer.
7. Click Start-> Run -> services.msc
8. Search for "Windows Update" and double click on it.
9. Press "STOP" and wait 10 minutes.
10. After 10 minutes, press "START", go to windows update and check for updates.
- Marked As Answer by ben alima Saturday, September 15, 2012 10:08 AM
Monday, September 17, 2012 5:26 AMModerator