Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:14 AM
I have a shared printer (HP LaserJet 2420 PCL6) installed on Windows 7 x32. I want to install that network printer on Windows 7 x64 machine. It gives deivers compatibility issue. I also used Additional Drivers settings but it did not work. Please provide me ultimate solution for this.
Virtual University of Pakistan
Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:17 AMModerator
I suggest you manually download the printer driver. Before installing the driver, it is suggested you open Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features and delete the printer driver that is already installed.
Then, please install the downloaded driver. Most printer driver installation program will prompt that if you would like to install a local printer or a network shard printer. Then select the correct option and finish the installation.
If the driver installation program does not help in this, follow the steps below to add a shard printer.
1. Click Start, click Control Panel and double click Devices and Printers.
2. Click Add a Printer.
3. Select "Add a local printer".
4. Select "Create a new port". Choose "Local Port" as the type of the port.
5. In the box "Enter a port name", type the address as the following format.
\\[IP address of the host computer]\[The Share Name of the printer]
Then click Next.
6. Follow the instruction to finish the installation. During installing, choose the correct driver in the driver list.
Hope this helps.
TechNet Community Support
- Marked As Answer by Vincent Wang-MCSCMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Monday, February 25, 2013 2:14 AM