Thursday, October 04, 2012 9:02 PM
What is the recommended method to install a dual/multiboot configuration on a fresh 2nd HDD (Windows Vista installed on the first HDD)?
What if the the computer would have only 1 disk with 2 partitions, Vista installed in the first partition and unallocated space on Partition2 ?
For both scenarios it is either boot to Windows Vista and run the installer from the Windows 7 DvD media, or boot from the Win7 installation media and install to the new HDD ? I don't see the difference, but I have to know it for my 70-680 exam.
- Edited by mark_9 Thursday, October 04, 2012 9:05 PM
Friday, October 05, 2012 9:59 AM
There are "rules" that I apply and have no problem:
1. First installed operating system is older (Vista)
2. Second operating system is newer one (W 7)
3. Second installation will create special boot menu that allow you to make a choice.
The best procedure for second operating system is installation into free partition.
From practical point of view it is usefull to have not only two boot partitions, but one additional data partition.
For practical configuration (tha is not compatible with exam) is the use of program EasyBCD:
- Marked As Answer by mark_9 Friday, October 05, 2012 3:14 PM
Friday, October 05, 2012 3:14 PMThat cleared my confusion, thank you. Exactly what I needed to know ;-)