Saturday, December 05, 2009 3:59 PMWhen I try to rename a local drive in Windows 7 Professional I get the following message "You do not have sufficient rights to perform this operation"
Any help would be appreciated
Saturday, December 05, 2009 5:24 PMAre you logged in with admin privs?
Are you using Explorer to do this, or the Computer Management Console?
Saturday, December 05, 2009 5:37 PM
To follow up on what Track7 has said, if you are trying to use Explorer, open it with "Run As Administrator".
Monday, December 07, 2009 7:50 AM
You can try enabling the built-in admin account as below:
Enable built-in admin account
1. Click Start, click "All Programs", please find and open "Accessories" folder.
2. Please right-click on "Command Prompt" item and select "Run as administrator".
3. Please type the following command line in to the coming window.
net user administrator /active:yes
Note: There is a space between "Administrator" and "/active:yes".
4. Log off and log on the Administrator account and try to rename the local drive.
Vivian Xing - MSFT
- Marked As Answer by Vivian Xing Thursday, December 10, 2009 8:54 AM