Thursday, July 22, 2010 9:53 AM
Our problem is: Can't logon during a problem with the user profile service in windows 7. Events 1500, 6004 and many 1509
We deployed about 40 computers with Vista before now with the MDT2010 and Windows 7 Professional (with partition formating) and have problems we had already a year before with Vista.
We managed the problems for over a year with the following gpo settings:
a) don't check owner of roaming profiles (active),
b) don't recognize slow network connections (active),
c) wait for remote user profile (active) and
d) delete cached copies of roaming user profile (DEACTIVATED).
Now after the deployment of Windows 7 we have the same problems with Windows 7.
From the 40 deployed computers last week we had already about 7 pupils with that error. (some pupils more than one time).
A workaround was to delete the entry in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\ProfileList and renaming the local user directory.
Was something changed from vista to windows 7 in using this gpo settings?
The KB947215 is a workaround when the error already happened, but not the solution to avoid this error.
Can someone help?
Friday, July 23, 2010 9:33 AMModerator
Thanks for posting in Technet.
I noticed that all of your previous resolutions force the system to load a user profile form servers. Therefore I guess that a user profile already exists and it cannot be used. Now I assume that you are using roaming profile.
Have you defined any user profile by the unattended.xml within the deployed systems? If so I suggest you remove them. When a user logs on a domain client first, the user profile should be created automatically.
Please try that.
Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
- Marked As Answer by Arthur XieMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Monday, July 26, 2010 2:54 AM
Monday, July 26, 2010 6:25 AM
Hi Arthur, thank you for your answer.
No there is no user profile entry in the unattended.xml.
All pupils using a mandantory profile together.
The pupils can login one, two, three times and than, randomly some of them can't and get the error.
Tuesday, August 17, 2010 2:55 PM
I'm having exactly the same problem as Michael.
In a lab of 40 computers set to automatically log on to an account upon boot, 7 or 8 of them will come up with this error. The other 32 or 33 computers log in completely fine. If you go to the computers that experience the error and delete the problematic cached profile, the logon begins to work again. I am using a mandatory roaming profile.
I just encountered this problem so I have not attempted to work around it using any of the above GPO settings.
Looking through the event logs, I am also getting 1500, 6004, and 1509 in addition to 6001 errors.
I was able to find something strange in the 1509 error.
Windows cannot copy file \\server\stuprofiles$\mandatory\usstudent.V2\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\1240I065\rerB_DjUStFFe16SFEk84lWs2Osh6fwMPJxC1rA8Qwo3EktjoDVd_D0iWDKfepWLE.u7QlPbk.LXlOspXArg7uJna_L8I4Pwi6RfmQLZSAeLvyy0aLgws4xxKwEDnFCvly9zCn9yGMH5Tmf1_yA2fnT.M- to location C:\Users\usstudent\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\1240I065\rerB_DjUStFFe16SFEk84lWs2Osh6fwMPJxC1rA8Qwo3EktjoDVd_D0iWDKfepWLE.u7QlPbk.LXlOspXArg7uJna_L8I4Pwi6RfmQLZSAeLvyy0aLgws4xxKwEDnFCvly9zCn9yGMH5Tmf1_yA2fnT.M-. This error may be caused by network problems or insufficient security rights.
DETAIL - The filename or extension is too long.
What's strange about that is the folder \\server\stuprofiles$\mandatory\usstudent.V2\AppData\Local isn't even a location that exists on my server, so I don't know what it's trying to copy here.
Monday, August 30, 2010 7:46 PM
Alright, I figured this out. Well, my issue at least.
The reason my mandatory profile was failing with that error was because of issues in the local Default profile. The path in the error message didn't exist because Windows was using the local Default profile in place of the Local folder that would be in a roaming profile, so the path \\server\stuprofiles$\mandatory\usstudent.v2\AppData\Local\ in the error message was actually \\users\default\appdata\local.
After I went into \\Users\default\AppData\Local and delete these files that had extensions that were too long to copy my profiles were able to load again. I had to delete the cached profile on a few of them that were still erroring, but after doing that it seems to be the way to prevent the problem from happening again.