Thursday, December 13, 2012 12:40 PM
Win7 Ultimate SP1 64 bits, IE9 - 64 bits on ASUS laptop.
The phenomenon started about a week ago: every time when I start downloading a file and choose Save As, IE9 crashes. When I choose Save (so it will download in the Downloads folder) everything is OK.
Anybody any idea why this happens? Is it a bug In Win7? Is it a bug in IE9? Maybe any relation to recently installed programs (Hobbyist Software: Watchover; Evernote 22.214.171.12470; Mozilla Maintenance Service 17.0.1; Mozilla Firefox 17.0.1)?
Friday, December 14, 2012 8:39 AMModerator
I suggest you try the following steps:
1. Please refer to this: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_ie_intro
2. You can run Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) to troubleshoot the issue.
1. Open Start Menu, then click all programs, select Accessories, open the system tools;
2. Right-click Internet Explorer(No Add-ons), run as Administrator.
3. Reset Internet Explorer settings and see how it works.
4. Test issue in Clean Boot mode and Safe Mode with networking
Hope this helps.
TechNet Community Support
- Marked As Answer by Leo HuangMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Monday, December 24, 2012 8:56 AM