Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:32 AM
Always I use Net view command to see which computer is being used by which user.
\\finance1 James N Silva
it shows the list of the computers and the user who logged in. I newly Installed 10pcs. but i cant see the user name when i type Netview command it shows like
and blank in user field. does anyone know how to get the username displayed in the net view??
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:42 AM
net view is an NT legacy app and depends on Netbios over TCP/IP. Is this enabled on the NICs in these PCs?
Thursday, January 31, 2013 6:32 AMModerator
To enable NetBIOS, try the following:
1. Click Start, and then click Network. (click Start, type ncpa.cpl into the search box for Windows 7 or Vista, hit ENTER).
2. Click on the Network and Sharing Center
3. Click Manage Network Connections.
4. Right click on the Local Area Connection select Properties.
5. Select Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
6. Click the Advanced button under the General tab.
7. Click the WINS tab.
8. Click Enable NetBIOS Over TCP/IP.
9. Click OK and Exit the settings.
Hope this helps.
TechNet Community Support
- Marked As Answer by Vincent Wang-MCSCMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Tuesday, February 05, 2013 9:03 AM