Monday, March 11, 2013 11:58 PM
I have a client PC running x64bit Windows 7 Home Premium. The PC works perfect except for the Programs List. Whenever a right mouse click is performed on the folders or the EXE files, Explorer immediately crashes and restarts. This problem does not exist anywhere else on the PC, not the desktop, not the root directories, no where but in the program menu. Ive tried looking at the 3rd party extensions using Nirsoft shexview, disabling all non-Microsoft extensions but still could not find the trouble. I was reading the post located here:
and downloaded the reg file entry to create the DMP file. Here is the link to the DMP file should Andre.Zeigler happen across this post:
Wednesday, March 13, 2013 3:07 AMModerator
Please test if the issue occur in Safe Mode. If not, please try ShellExView.
1. Download ShellExView v1.41 from the following link http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.zip
Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.
2. Right-click the "shexview.zip" file, select "Extract All", the Extraction Wizard will prompt.
3. Click Next, input "C:\ShellExView" (without the quotation marks) in the "Files will be extracted to this directory" textbox.
4. After finishing, open the "C:\ShellExView" folder and double-click the "shexview.exe" file. It will scan the registry for all the shell extensions.
5. Select all the non-Microsoft extensions in pink by press "Ctrl" in the keyboard.
6. Click the "Disable Selected Items" on the toolbar and click Yes.
7. Perform clean boot to check if the issue is resolved.
Also, use System File Checker tool to scan the system files.
Hope this helps
TechNet Community Support
- Marked As Answer by Vincent Wang-MCSCMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Monday, March 25, 2013 8:36 AM