Thursday, November 22, 2012 4:48 PM
This one is for the Gurus. I have three multi-function copiers, all Konica-Minoltas, BizHub 501, BizHub C224 and a BizHub 304 . We have several users and all are able to scan to a shared file. Except for the individual IP addresses in our network, the settings are identical on all the machines. We have Small Business Sever 2003 as a network. My personal machine has Windows 7 Pro while everyone else is on XP Pro.
Here is the problem. My W7 machine will not accept a scan from the Bizhub C224 despite the fact that the settings are identical with everyone else and the other machines. I had the same problem with the previous copier that occupied the same space as the C224 even running XP Pro. Other copier-scanners work on my machine. Could this have to do with a port address?
Friday, November 23, 2012 11:48 AM
Analyze network traffic with Network Monitor. Chances are, that the W 7 block communication by improper firewall settings.
It does not hurt to address Konica support team for help (parallel process pays off more than sequential :-))
- Marked As Answer by Juke ChouMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Tuesday, December 04, 2012 3:43 PM
Monday, November 26, 2012 6:52 AMModerator
I would like suggest you try the following suggestions and check if it helps.
1. Check if you enable the "Network Discovery" and "File and printing " options.
These options can be located at Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings.
2. Check if the Print Spooler service run normally in the Service Manager.
3. Check if your system can find that Scanner in the Devices and Printers panel.
You can find it in Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers.
4. Try to download the latest Bizhuh C224 driver from the official website and install it for check.
5.Try to disable the Firewall and check if it helps.
6. Provide the IP addresses from your PC and the Scanner server for further troubleshoot.
TechNet Community Support