Friday, June 29, 2012 10:18 AM
I have an interesting issue I have come across today. One of the machines on my network has today lost it's network map. There are 28 devices on the map usually; today, after booting up, there is one (the users).
What is particularly unusual, is that if I type a network path in the top bar (e.g. \\SERVER\Develop\Website), I navigate straight to the network destination. So my machine says that it is effectively no longer seeing the network map, but I can still navigate through it - providing I know the exact location I need to go to!
Any thoughts on what may be a possible cause?
Throughout, I still maintain full connectivity to the web (which is via a server on the network).
HP TouchSmart 7320.
- Edited by ElChristian Friday, June 29, 2012 10:19 AM
Sunday, July 01, 2012 10:43 AM
1. What do you have in mind? You cannot reach mapped resources or you cannot see them?
2. Do you use persistent parameter in mapping?
3. I prefer simple script containing
Monday, July 02, 2012 8:43 AMModerator
Please check whether Network Location in this machine is the same as others. If not, please change it and see how it works.
Hope this helps.
TechNet Community Support
- Marked As Answer by Nicholas LiMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Monday, July 09, 2012 4:23 AM