Friday, August 10, 2012 3:56 PM
We have a Windows 2003 server (AD, File Server, Exchange). Recently we purchased 4 Windows 7 Professional computers and successfully added them to the domain. I mapped a network drive to a shared folder on the 2003 server and it works fine, however after two restarts/logoffs, the drive disappears and I have to manually create the mapped drive again. I've tried doing a logon script for the user and that doesn't work. I've tried creating a group policy and that doesn't work either. I've tried creating an HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters\KeepConn to 0x0041ffff as I read on another post.
To make a long story short, none of this has worked. Mapped drives still disconnect after two logoffs/restarts. Any clues? I thank you in advance.
Friday, August 10, 2012 4:36 PM
1. I would double check how GPO is applied.
2. Are you using persistent paramater?
3. Are you using Wait for network GPO?
4. Have tried to change version of SMB in W 7?
5. Give try to disabling autotune
6. There is a workaround that looks not very nice but work without. I put simple script on desktop
You have connection until enter is hit
7. Use network monitor to troubleshoot connection if above does not help
- Marked As Answer by Niki HanMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Friday, August 31, 2012 2:59 AM