Wednesday, January 21, 2009 4:06 AMThere are 4 svchost.exe( LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation) running that are causing network resources to constantly peak. What are these used for and are they need or can be turned off some where?
This is a fresh install on a intel qaud core Q6600 system with 4gigs of ram.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009 5:55 AMRun Task Manager and go to the Services Tab, it will tell you.
Ned Pyle [MSFT] - MS Enterprise Platforms Support - Beta Team
- Marked As Answer by Mark L. FergusonModerator Thursday, February 05, 2009 2:47 AM
Tuesday, July 07, 2009 6:00 PMdnt tell me if you need it or not
Saturday, January 30, 2010 8:40 PMNot a very good answer. LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation kills my pc for 10 to 15 minutes anytime I start or restart. I analyze the wait chain and wmpnetwk.exe is waiting on LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation. Anyone have any idea why it does this and how can it be fixed. Thanx!
Sunday, February 07, 2010 9:04 AMhere's a starting point
LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation is related to Windows 7 Media Center (networking and extenders).
Sunday, February 07, 2010 9:06 AM....and it's probably been turned on (check Windows Media Player) and looking for network extenders. Something along these lines. You can always query the services it is relating (sc qc SrvName)
Saturday, May 14, 2011 10:20 PM
Thanks for the information. I am havng the same problem and this gives me a good starting point. You should write up your answer and submit it to Microsoft because the Tech Ned Pyle didn't have a clue as to what was going on and gave a pretty ignorant answer.
Wednesday, July 13, 2011 10:56 AM
I have the same issue, after setting up xbox360 as a windows media player extender it seems the WMP service is pulling a steady 25-30mbps of traffic down via the network adaptor. Wouldn't usually be a problem, but the adaptor is actually a tether interface to my android and i'm seeiong a few mb every 10 mins being downloaded by the phone - eating up my data.... this isn't cool. What the hell is it doing??
Thursday, July 28, 2011 11:00 PM
Im working with the same assumptions or more of an inquisition about the LocalServiceNoImpersonation issue.
if indeed the media center is the responsible party for this then I would point to advanced sharing opions and to block all media streaming so that the media center is not activity searching for devices and devices cannot connect and grab media from your pc if you do not wish this.
as for this service stealing processor time, or your computer taking a long time to boot, first start by checking for infections or broken references to startup items that may be residue from infections.
Thursday, January 05, 2012 8:34 AM
i had this problem. And turned out to be from the Team Viewer v6.
i made the team viewer service on manual start from the services assistant (type in start->run "services" and it will open this assistant) and the problem is solved :). It seams that team view version 6 and windows 7 x64 ultimate are not working to well together :( if you need team viewer install version above 6 and cpu will stay come and the system will run great :)good luck
Friday, February 03, 2012 1:18 AM
I looked for ways to minimize network activity when the computer was idle. The svchost.exe (LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation) appeared to consumer a lot of CPU (35-65%) even when I was not asking the system to do anything. It was also a constant network downloader/uploader.
Following the advice of others in this thread, I changed the Windows Media Centre settings. But this did not do much in terms of either CPU or network activity.
However, I discovered that it lowered significantly CPU and network activity for the above service when I disabled all the features of Windows Update. So my advice is, check all those update programs that check or listen for new updates in the background. Microsoft appears to be the main culprit in my instance. But perhaps check you WinAmps, iTunes (or Zune), Laptop Vendor etc.
Thursday, June 21, 2012 5:38 AM
I had the same problem, for me at least it turns out to be Nvidia update service, what I did was open "service" in the windows search bar then under "standard" tab look for "Nvidia Update Service" and set it to "disable".
Then using process explorer disable the svchost with the localserviceandnoimpersonation, seems to fix it for me.
I've come to the conclusion that it's a problem caused by some form of update services.