Friday, June 15, 2012 2:34 PM
I have a Windows 7 Professional computer I have joined to my sbs 2003 domain. I am attempting to access this pc using remote desktop thru sbs 2003 remote web work place. I have put two domain accounts in the remote access group on the Windows 7 PC but when I attempt to connect using remote desktop the login screen comes up but it says my user name or password is wrong. I know this is not the case because one of the accounts I have setup for remote access on this PC is the domain administrator account and when I initially log into remote web work place it takes those credentials with no problem. By the way, I have also attempted to access this PC using remote desktop (not remote web workplace) on another PC located on the same domain and same network as this one, and this too fails. This attempt is strictly remote desktop from PC to PC located on the same domain and same local area network. As I say, this too fails. By the way these credentials work fine logging in locally.
Friday, June 15, 2012 8:42 PM
1. Which level of RDS do you use?
2. Are there any traces in Event logs?
3. Perhaps the network monitor will give more detailes for troubleshooting.
Tuesday, June 19, 2012 7:06 AMModerator
On this computer, please check whether the remote desktop settings is right.
1. Click start, type sysdm.cpl in start search, and press Enter.
2. Under Remote tab, choose "Allow connections from computers running any versions of Remote Desktop"
3. Click OK.
4. Then, please try again.
Meanwhile, temporarily disable firewall on each machine and run Remote Desktop.
If the issue persists, please capture the error message and post it here. Please also help to collect the Event Log for further research.
Hope this helps.
TechNet Community Support
- Marked As Answer by Leo HuangMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Friday, June 29, 2012 9:13 AM