Thursday, May 17, 2012 9:52 AM
I am not able to access win7 PC from Win xp pc. Evan both are in same Domain. but when i restart Win7 pc & login again its access for a moment from win xp pc. but after some time when i try to acces wth same win xp PC. its not access.
Friday, May 18, 2012 9:00 AMModerator
Firstly, please let us know the detailed error messages when you failed to access Windows 7 from Windows XP.
Meanwhile, based on my knowledge, please try the following:
1. When you are prompted to input the username and password, please use your Windows 7’s username and password.
2. If it is failed to help, please search Advanced sharing settings in Control Panel, click Manage advanced sharing settings and expand Home or Work. In the Password protected sharing section, please choose Turn off password protected sharing.
3. Using \\IP Address\folder to access and see how it works.
4. Boot into Clean Boot Mode and see how it works.
Hope this helps.
TechNet Community Support
- Marked As Answer by Nicholas LiMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Monday, June 04, 2012 9:09 AM