Wednesday, April 14, 2010 2:07 AMI have a hard drive that has Window 7 loaded on it. The drive has been pulled out of a laptop and is being explored thru a USB connection. I wanting to copy the browers history (temp. internet files) In other OS's this has been easily found. Can anyone tell me where it is on a Windows 7 setup. Looks like that search isn't available anymore.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010 5:20 PM
On a working Windows 7 machine, you can try the following:
- Open Internet Explorer
- Open the "Internet Options" under the Tools Menu
- On the "General" tab, under "Browser history", select "Settings"
- Find the field named "Current location:"
- It might be something like: "C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files"
On the external hard drive, look for a similar location.
- Marked As Answer by Sean Zhu -Moderator Thursday, April 15, 2010 1:14 AM
Thursday, April 15, 2010 3:21 AMModeratorYes, by default, it should be C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files .
Sean Zhu - MSFT
- Marked As Answer by Joe Easterling Thursday, April 15, 2010 4:02 PM
Thursday, April 15, 2010 4:06 PMYes thank you. The temporary internet files don't show up until you remove the check mark from (hide protected operating system files) I thought I'd done this but quess not. Thanks Joe
- Marked As Answer by Joe Easterling Thursday, April 15, 2010 4:07 PM