Friday, June 01, 2012 3:35 PM
I just installed Windows 8 Release Preview with Hyper-V. I have a strange bug when using the Alt-Gr key inside the Hyper-V Connect windows: if i press the Alt-Gr inside the hyper-v console and then go back to the host, the host thinks the Ctrl key is always pressed.
Here's a repro step which "works" all the time:
- Open Notepad on the host
- Connect to an hyper-v instance (not RDP)
- Inside the guest click on Alt-Gr (you can even do this on the login screen of the guest)
- Go back to Notepad on the host (click on the window)
- Press g, instead of typing g it will open the Go To Line dialog as if i pressed Ctrl+g
- Press Ctrl in the host to fix the bug
Anyone has the same issue or knows how to fix it ?
Guillaume Rouchon - MVP VisualStudio ALM - Blog (FR) : http://blog.qetza.net - Blog (EN) : http://blog.qetza.net/en/
Sunday, June 03, 2012 7:14 PM
Same issue here on Windows 2012 Server RC
for my Password i need "alt gr".
Some More Details:
Host = SRV 2012 RC de-de
vm = Win7 x64 Ent de-de
The only way to get it in is type in onto the host into "notepad" copy it and paste the clipboard into the vm.
or another way is to press Strg+Alt instead of Alt-Gr
not really cool but works, hope they fix it until RTM.
Tuesday, June 12, 2012 10:58 AM
if i press after the issue one time the ctrl key the problem is solved.
Windows 8 release preview build 8400
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 7:23 PMYes. I have the same problem. Press Ctrl key solve the problem.
Saturday, June 23, 2012 12:09 AMI have the same issue with STRG. My workaround was to install Windows 7 again.
Monday, July 09, 2012 6:44 PM
Got the same Issue! It's really annoying.
Everytime I press Alt-Gr inside of the Remote Desktop Connection the Notebook must be restarted :-)
- Edited by John Muller Monday, July 09, 2012 6:44 PM